A client of JMR Recruitment is looking for a Quantity Surveyor. Additional requirement for established company operating in Kent and the south-east. Good pipeline of new work for 2021 already secured. A groundwork contracting background is essential.
- Experienced in Residential works, you will have worked for at least 3-5 years for established Groundwork’s contractors and be capable of taking projects from Estimating to Final accounts.
- A DEGREE in quantity surveying is preferable, however experience in Groundworks is essential.
- You must be fully aware of Health & Safety requirements as well as having a good technical knowledge and a commercial brain.
- Knowledge of contracts used within the construction (groundworks) industry.
- Knowledge of standard forms of measurement (SMM7 and CESMM3)
- Good IT skills
- Negotiation skills
- Ability to work of own initiative.
Works that this client carries out includes:
- Site Clearance, Bulk Excavation, Enabling Works & Pile Attendance
- RC Foundations
- Drainage and tanks
- Block & Beam Flooring
- External Works including paving and hard landscaping.
- Service Trenches
- Temporary Sheet Piling
- Tarmac preparation
Rates are negotiable based on your experience and potential to contribute to the business. The work is mainly in the Kent, Essex, and south London areas, so you should live within 1 hour's drive of Rochester.
If you are interested in this opportunity and want to find out more, please call Ollie on 07827334803 or email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org.