A client of JMR Recruitment is currently looking for a quantity surveyor with a great track record on residential projects for a freelance role they have available near Enfield.
The client is known for delivering projects to a very high spec and is looking for an individual who is going to assist with the continuous flow of business and identify opportunities.
Candidates should have 5 years’ experience in at least an intermediate Quantity Surveyor role with a UK based residential developer working on small to medium scale, residential developments.
- Looking for an individual with a Degree
- Preferred if part of RICS (Royal Institute of Chartered Surveyors)
- Knowledge of contracts used within the building and civil engineering industry.
- Knowledge of standard forms of measurement (SMM7 and CESMM3)
- Good IT skills
- Negotiation skills
- Ability to work of own initiative.
- Prepare budget cost plans to support site appraisals
- Prepare and tender material schedules
- Establish and maintain key supplier relationships, procure, tender and appoint sub-contractor packages
- Manage and resolve sub-contractor variations and negotiate final accounts
- Produce financial performance review summaries and will need to have a demonstrable track record of taking ownership of residential developments and display a good all round commercial awareness.
- To prepare detailed and accurate build budgets to enable the financial control of the development.
- To assist in the formulation, development and implementation of build-cost systems and procedures.
If you are interested in this opportunity and want to find out more information, please call Ollie on 07827334803 or email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org.