JMR Recruitment require a Quantity Surveyor for a job based in Barnet.
Our client is a new residential development company based in London.
You will be responsible for managing the costs of multiple residential property developments to enhance the revenue through careful negotiation and value engineering ideas.
Providing key input into budgets and checking drawings to ensure practical and economical proposals, you'll also prepare and submit sub-contract enquiries in adequate time to ensure contracts are placed in line with the build programme.
Other deliverables of the role include
- Produce detailed trade-specific scope of works and qualification notes
- Manage all financial aspects by accurately reporting, advising and developing opportunities and avoiding risks.
- Presenting and submitting completed sub-contractor order documentation
- Responsible for cost reporting
- Ensuring the sub-contractors have current UTR status and the insurances and other requirements to assess tax liability
- You will be degree qualified, MRICS and have a proven track record of managing your own projects through all stages of the contract and agree final accounts prior to completion
- Sound working knowledge of construction, contract law and various forms of Conditions of Contract
- Previous residential experience
- Working within a team
- Strong numeracy and accuracy skills
- Good communication skills both verbal and written
- Good IT skills - Excel & Word
- Attention to detail
- Works well under pressure
- Good organisational skills
We expect the best from our employees, and in return we take care of them with a competitive employment package including:
- Life assurance
- Bonus schemes
- Additional annual leave with length of service
- Pension scheme