Construction Buyer - London Based - Perm Role - £45k Per Annum
Our client is a highly reputable main contractor based in London and the South East of England who specialise in unique and intricate residential and commercial projects.
They are currently looking for a buyer to work alongside their current team and add value as they move forward.
There is no better time to get on board with our client as they have secured numerous projects with more in the pipeline as they move into 2022.
- Procuring prices for all materials, all plant, and tools for the project
- Hiring and monitoring off hiring of plant
- Identifying potential suppliers and new products
- Contacting a range of suppliers and sub‐contractors to obtain quotations
- Agreeing delivery schedules
- Keeping detailed records and maintaining well‐organised work schedules
- Providing daily order trackers
- Authorising invoices
- Qualifying drawings and spec
- Create call off schedules
- Raising orders
- Assessing the reliability of sub‐contractors and suppliers
- Dealing effectively with challenges with suppliers and the flow of materials
- Ensuring compliance with the safety, health and environment requirements of materials and services
- Providing advice to the project estimator or SQS on the predicted cost of individual items
- Liaising closely with the estimator or SQS at the tendering stage to ensure that an accurate project cost is provided
- Preparing and maintaining cost reports to maximise efficiency within the business
- Negotiating and agreeing the most favourable terms possible with suppliers once a contract has been secured
- Pushing suppliers for credit limit increase when possible
- Experienced buyer
- Excellent negotiation skills
- Good organisation and team working skills
- Able to thrive in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent communication skills
- Comprehensive understanding of MS Excel and MS Word
- Excellent time management skills
If you are interested, please apply or email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org.